Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'd Like Your Opinion!

I have been thinking about opening an Etsy shop for a while and finally got my act together.
I have started making these:
Paper machè figures from vintage candy molds. It took me awhile to get the molding correctly for these, but now I think I have it. I hand-paint each one and then it is glittered. This one measures 7" tall by 4" across. I have others like a larger rabbit with a back basket and little chicks to do too. This one I made for my sister-in-law's birthday.I also added some handmade details with the collar. Those are little rusty bells sewn on a velvet ribbon with vintage silk thread and topped with vintage-y tinsel.
So what do you think? Do you think they would sell on Etsy? Would $25.00 be too much? Please leave a comment below and let me know! Thank you so much for your help. It really means a lot!

5 comments:

  1. I think those are fabulous and I think that's a good price for something beautiful & handmade :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, super cute!! I think you'll do just fine on Etsy. Throw in a deer and an owl too... people love all those woodland creatures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh - that is too cool!! i never would have thought you could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love these! You should definitely open a shop. And, I think the price sounds reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW COOL! I think that the price seems right.. the details are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete