Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Look at My Finds!

I went out shopping for a little while yesterday morning. I usually do laundry on Mondays, but I had finished 2/3 of it on Sunday, so I treated myself. I went to an antique store I hadn't been to in a long time. Look at what I got:Isn't this chair the cutest? I got it for the twins' room since they had no where to sit while they read. Has original paint (black and red). The seat is a little worn, but I thought it was a good purchase at $25.


I was excited to get these buttons for a quarter a card!

I got this jar of buttons for $5. There were tons of great ones in here!

I got these plates at the antique store too. The large plate was $6 and the little bowls were $1, but they were 50% off - so only 50 cents each! The pattern is Virginia Rose. I plan on putting them on my new shelves in my kitchen when I finish them (got the wood last night).
All the other stuff was from The Yorktowne Shoppe. That wooden basket was only $7.48, the green bunny was $4.99, and the fabric carrot was $3.99.

Then last night on my weekly shopping for groceries, I stopped at Marshalls and found 2 of these (wish they had more!) for only $2.99 each! I plan on putting them on the front porch.

I also found this for $6.99. I plan on using it outside on my deck were the wall is pretty bare. I'll put some plants in little terracotta pots in there.
I think I got some awesome bargains. What do you think?

On a parting note, here is a photo of my kids waiting for their favorite snack of the day...

5 comments: