Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just when I thought it was over....


....It wasn't. The next team up from Carrick's had won their play off game that week, so they asked for some the kids that would be moving up next year to come practice with them. Carrick was all excited. That was until he did one practice with them. He found out if was a lot more work than he did in Termites. While I did feel bad for him, I didn't give into his pleas to let him stay home the second night because "it was boring, I'm tired, I don't want to go...". I was brought up that when you start something, you have to follow through and finish it. So, that meant he was going. I figured it was because the kids were bigger (and hit harder) and because it was a lot more work. At any rate, I had a very sullen and mad little football player on my hands.

After days 2 and 3 there wasn't any more complaining. He got used to it and I think he even enjoyed it. I told him he was lucky to get this opportunity, that now he had an edge on many of his teammates that would be playing next year (only about 5 boys from the Termite team did this for the Mitey-Mite team). That his coaches would know him and he'd have a better chance of playing next year because of it. He did end up thanking me for making him go.

In the end, the boys that moved up for the week got to dress for the playoff game last Sunday. They didn't get to play, but I think it was still exciting that they got to be there. The team ended up losing 46-0. I felt so bad for the boys on the team. It must be so hard to come that far and then hae a game like that. But it was a really good season. And we're happy for the time off before hockey starts, but I know they are looking forward to next year (and I am too). Sometime I'll tell you the story about how I was a Freedom Lil' Bulldog too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment