Thursday, March 25, 2010

The end of hockey

This was our last week of hockey. Hard to believe that 10 weeks have gone by! And they have improved so much. They can skate forward and backwards and even got to play in two scrimmages. A big thanks to the Penguins and Sidney Crosby. They really enjoyed themselves and got the opportunity to learn a new sport.
Here's a shot from the scrimmage this week. They had 3 games going at once, hence all the kids on the ice. Cade is the taller one in the middle of the photo.

We also had Crazy Hair Day. Cade's class has weekly spirit days, and last week it was time for crazy hair. I put plenty of hairspray on it and spiked it. It didn't last the whole day though. What a cutie.

And then there was this crazy guy. Everything is funny with him. Turning in to quite a character. Mr. Sarcastic.




In other news I got all the painting done in the dining room. I'll post photos once I get the crown moulding up. That is the final part of the project!

I also looked for a new point and shoot camera. I needed something other than my Canon Rebel that I could carry with me all the time. After a lot of research and then finally seeing the camera in person and checking out the features I chose this one:
 Nikon Coolpix S4000 12 MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 3.0-Inch Touch-Panel LCD (Silver)

  It's just been released. I really liked the touch screen and all the features. I'll give a review after I get it.

I've also been reading a lot. I just got this book
The Blythes are Quoted
If you love L.M. Montgomery (author of Anne of Green Gables) you'll love this book. I think it is one of her best. It includes short stories and poems that in some way are related to the Blythes - considered to be the 9th book of the Anne series. This book is a little hard to find in the U.S. because it is a Canadian book, but it is well worth the hunt. I am also reading this one:
Mistress Pat (Children's continuous series)

I just finished Pat of Silverbush last week (yes I am on a L.M. Montgomery marathon). I enjoyed this book -- especially Judy Plum. It makes me think of how my great grandparents would have spoken. Some have said that they thought that Pat was a little flat, but I didn't see it that way.

Now that the dining room is almost done, I may get my tutorial done for how I did the silver leaf on the fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment