Friday, December 17, 2010

My Special Furniture Piece

I just got this piece. It's not an expensive antique, but to me it's priceless. It was my grandmother's china cabinet. It had been stored for many years in my aunt's garage, but now it is mine. The piece is probably from the 40s, but I'm not sure. My dad has 9 brothers and sisters, so money was not something that they had to spare. That's why it's special to have this piece. I think it is the only material thing I have from my grandparents. My grandfather died when I was pretty young and I was probably 12 when my grandmother died.
Now I need to find a place for it in my home. I don't have a lot of wall space, so I am limited as to where it will reside. It does need a through cleaning and polishing. But I am so happy it is here.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment