Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Dining Room - DONE!

While I was going through my photos the other day, I noticed that I hadn't shared photos of my dining room since I repainted it. It had been painted the same color as all the other rooms when we moved it just so it was done! Since I had to do the whole house at one time, I didn't have time to make those decisions. Now, 3 years later it is done. The wall color is Silver Fox (2108-50) from Benjamin Moore. I chose that color after seeing it in Stefanie's home here. (You can click on the photos to see them larger).

The table was acquired when I lost my round one in the trailer fire when we moved back to PA. This was a quicky replacement, but I do like it. I may repaint it and stain the top darker in the future. The flooring is from Lumber Liquidators, Bellawood Brazilian Cherry. We installed it ourselves, as we did everything in our house. The ceiling medallion is from Fypon. It was something that I wanted for a while and it wasn't that expensive. I'd like to change out the light fixture to a vintage crystal chandelier. Keeping the search up on eBay!
This is the view to the left side of the table. I bought this hutch over 15 years ago at a outlet store in Chicago. It is from Lane and has the most beautiful crackle finish on it. It houses my cookbooks, kids activity books, some of my china and misc. other stuff. The doorway you see here goes to the powder room.
My beautiful piano. I wrote about it here before. This bump out was original to the house, but it was in sad shape. The whole thing was leaning and the windows were all wonky. So, after tearing everything down to the studs, we found out that the foundation was only set on a few block a few inches in the soil. Ugh. We had to tear the WHOLE thing off and start again. This time with an actual foundation down to the frost line, new walls, and new windows.
This is the view to the right of the right of the table. The doorway goes to the living room. All of the drywall and trim are new in this room. I originally wanted a smaller crown moulding, but the small was more expensive than this big one. Can you explain that? Most of the prints on the wall are antique and the plates are from Laura Ashley. I worked there for over 5 years while I was in college and after. I wish they were still in the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment